Who doesn’t love a simple muffin with a cup of tea or coffee? These gluten free cinnamon oat muffins are often called coffee cake muffins and are a delicious morning tea snack.
The addition of protein powder makes this a higher protein snack, which is important when we’re trying to get more protein into every meal and snack.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Oat Streusel Muffins
1 cup oat flour (or gluten free flour)
1 scoop vanilla or unflavoured protein powder (my fave is ATP Science Noway Collagen Protein)
¼ cup coconut or rapadura sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 large egg
¾ cup plain Greek yoghurt
⅓ cup milk of your choice
2 tbsp butter melted and cooled slightly
⅓ cup oat flour (or gluten free flour)
2 tbsp coconut or rapadura sugar
2 tbsp butter melted
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg & salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spray muffin tin with oil or line with baking paper.
- Combine all the streusel topping ingredients together and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, baking powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the egg, yoghurt, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin. Fill each only halfway.
- Sprinkle a layer of streusel on top.
- Then add a second layer of the batter.
- Top with more streusel mixture. Press the streusel crumble gently into the batter on top of the muffin.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through.